[Developers] Switch for sdreport variables

Jim Ianelli Jim.Ianelli at noaa.gov
Fri Jul 15 12:56:59 PDT 2011

I poked around in the code some to see if there was hidden feature that
could accept a "phase" for sdreport variable without any success.

If it's presently unavailable, I'd appreciate guidance on:

a) Whether anyone else sees utility in shutting off sdreport variables
in model instances where their variance estimates shouldn't computed

b) If the group thinks a) is worthwhile, a preliminary assessment on how
difficult this task would be (and perhaps a quick layout of the steps
involved)

I couldn't remember if this is something that was discussed in the past
and if it's something that might be considered a priority.

Cheers,
Jim