[Developers] Documentation of output from tpl2cpp and tpl2rem

Hans J. Skaug Hans.Skaug at math.uib.no
Tue Dec 11 14:11:17 PST 2012

Hi John,

I did not think of actually letting Doxygen run tpl2cpp.
I am thinking about something simpler.

The basic problem I want to solve: the class "model_parameters"
is missing from the doxygen docs. The reason is that
it is located in a *.htp file that is being generated by tpl2cpp.
"model_parameters" is an important class that should be documented.

Suggestion: we write an extensive tpl-file, say example.tpl, containing
all possible features of ADMB. Then we run "tpl2cpp example" manually.
We take the output (example.cpp and example.htp) and copy
them manually over to the admb-trunk so that they get picked up by Doxygen.
They should not be part of the build though. We then document the two
files in the standard way, and suddenly Doxygen knows about
all the classes involved. This process is only done once, and if one in
the future adds new features to tpl2cpp, one needs to modify
example.cpp and example.htp manually accordingly.

If there is nothing wrong with the apprach I can take responsibility for
getting this started.

Hans