[Developers] Documentation of output from tpl2cpp and tpl2rem

John Sibert sibert at hawaii.edu
Tue Dec 11 09:13:42 PST 2012

Hi Hans,
You suggestion to us Doxygen on some specific tpl interpreter or output
would be feasible, not difficult, and generally illustrate what the tpl
interpreters do for a few examples. But as you say, it would be very
application-specific.

You suggestion reminds me of a back-burner project I started a while
back. Doxygen is capable of running a preprocessor on specified kinds of
files and then processing the output. This capability is invoked by the
FILTER_PATTERNS tag in the Doxyfile. There are some examples on the
Doxygen website. I started writing a preprocessor for tpl translators
using awk (FILTER_PATTERNS = *.tpl=tpl2dox). It was never very
successful mainly because I wasn't clear in my own mind what I wanted it
to do. Also, awk may not be the tool of choice; but it is a tool I
understand. Your suggestion might help me clarify the goals of tpl2dox.
Let me see if I can resurrect a working version to test out on some
examples, but don't hold your breath.
Cheers,
John

John Sibert