[Developers] Do you use Borlands compiler? we are considering dropping it.

Allan Hicks allan.hicks at noaa.gov
Thu Mar 15 17:24:27 PDT 2012

Hi Mark,

I rarely use Borland because I own a version of Borland Builder, which has
a useful IDE as well as a debugger to step through lines of code.  However,
I only use it to develop larger models (like Coleraine) and when I am ready
to release a version I compile it using MS Visual Studio.  I have found the
Borland compilers to result in slower running executables than the MS
compilers, but do not have extensive testing.  I would support dropping
Borland, especially to streamline the number of platforms for ADMB.

Thanks,
Allan