[Developers] compiling ADMB with clang

dave fournier davef at otter-rsch.com
Mon Mar 19 13:30:45 PDT 2012

On 12-03-19 12:12 PM, Teresa A'mar wrote:

Hi Teresa,

I am working on some version of Ubuntu.

Issues so far are:

1.) version of clang supplied with Ubuntu does not work.

2.) download latest version ofclang via svn and run configure on it

3.) configure sees the broken version of clang and want to use it to
build the new clang.
so get rid of clang.  Clang now builds.

4.)  clang does not like  class scope inside class definition as in

      class xxx
      {
           xxx:xxx(void);    //  should be just  xxx(void);
      };

so fix a bunch of those

   5.) Problem in  cifstream need to cast int to ios::mode or some such
thing.

6.)  problem with hard wired  ar in make files.  so create symbolic link
from

    llvm-ar  to my ~/bin/ar

7.) some kind of problem with the  ar line anyway so
       change to relevant directory and do

             ar rs libxxx.a *.obj

     by hand to buid all the ADMB libs one by one

That is as far as I got so far.

         Dave