[Developers] Three mailing lists?

Arni Magnusson arnima at hafro.is
Fri Mar 23 17:59:45 PDT 2012

Doesn't users at admb-project.org include all developers at admb-project.org?
When writing to 'users' one probably shouldn't need to cc 'developers',
right?

---

Also, with increased traffic I would like to raise point #11 from my
Google Docs scribbling:

subscribers who only want email when a new version of ADMB is released.
This is done for R, Emacs, GCC, and similar projects."

I subscribe to many 'announce' mailing lists, only to get a couple of
emails every year. I wouldn't dream of subscribing to the user mailing
lists of the same projects, but I like to know when a new version is out.

I think three mailing lists is the way to go for the ADMB Project:
announce, users, developers. The lists are nested, so developers also
receive messages from users, and users receive announce messages.

Arni