[Developers] Do you use Borlands compiler? we are considering dropping it.

Allan Hicks allan.hicks at noaa.gov
Fri Mar 23 18:37:18 PDT 2012

Yes Arni, you are nuts, but in a good way.  I only have three compilers,
and the way that I deal with it is similar to Arni's method, except that my
tiny simple scripts are in the batch file that compiles ADMB. For example,
if I want to compile with the 64-bit MS compiler, I call 'admb64', which
internally calls adcomp64 and adlink64. In adcomp64 and adlink64, there are
SET PATH statements and SET LIBPATH, etc. statements.  These paths are
ephemeral in that they are only set while the batch script is called.  The
installation guide for 64-bit Windows that I wrote with Ian Taylor (
http://admb-project.org/community/tutorials-and-examples) provides an
example. Basically, as Arni said, the power is in the script.

Allan