[Developers] FW: [ADMB Users] ADMB-11 for IDE

Mark Maunder mmaunder at iattc.org
Thu Nov 15 22:01:48 PST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: users-bounces at admb-project.org [mailto:users-bounces at admb-project.org] On Behalf Of Arni Magnusson
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:51 PM
To: users at admb-project.org
Subject: Re: [ADMB Users] ADMB-11 for IDE

I still haven't found the time to release ADMB-IDE 11, sorry about that. I sincerely hope to find time later this month.

The top news entry on http://admb-project.org might be relevant here:

---

Bug Fixes for ADMB 11.0
by John Sibert
last modified Sep 06, 2012

"After user complaints about speed and accuracy in ADMB 11.0, source code relating to the beta and gamma distributions, LU decomposition, and
solve(...) has been reverted to the code used in ADMB 9.0. The updated code is available for testing on the ADMB Subversion server trunk."

---

Should we maybe release 11.1 before I weld the IDE components together? It sounds like many users would appreciate the recent improvements described in the news entry. If the output of the current buildbot tests involving beta/gamma/LU/solve look reasonable (similar to v9 and v10), the speed gain is probably worth an 11.1 release.

Arni

P.S. We could move this thread to developers at admb-project.org.