[Developers] Test out install procedures

Allan Hicks - NOAA Federal allan.hicks at noaa.gov
Tue Apr 9 14:19:19 PDT 2013

Thanks Johnoel!

I tested the Windows and Visual C++ instructions and it worked perfectly.
 It took about 17 minutes to compile everything on my relatively fast
computer.

I also tested the Windows (mingw) instructions and it worked on my second
try, but worked great.  I really like that the compiler can also be
installed with your instructions. That should help.

Now that I have both compilers, I'll do some testing of speed and other
things. But, if we can get a 64-bit version of mingw going (I see Arni just
sent an email) should we maybe move to a single compiler for Windows (if
there are no differences between the two)?

Nice work,
Allan