[Developers] Final request for testing and feedback

Allan Hicks - NOAA Federal allan.hicks at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 15 11:20:28 PDT 2013

Hi Johnoel and Developers,

Great job with the INSTALL.txt file.  I am wondering, I had not noticed the
last section of "Configuring MS Express", and I wonder if this is the best
place for that section, or if it should be in a different section.  It
seems to me that the INSTALL.txt file is mainly explaining how to compile
the ADMB source.  And, what Ian Taylor referred to above describes how to
install the already built ADMB (downloaded files).  Would it be worthwhile
to maybe call this INSTALL.txt file BUILD.txt, and write an INSTALL.txt
file that contains the instructions that Ian refers to above (as well as
the section on "Configuring MS Express")?

I have attached my ideas for these two files. The BUILD file is what
Johnoel has been calling the INSTALL.txt file (which I think is great), and
the INSTALL file contains the installation instructions from the webpage
that Ian was referring to.

Just my thoughts, and I hope I'm not throwing a wrench in the works here,
Allan