[Developers] ADMB, GCC, and the Windows build process

Jim Ianelli - NOAA Federal jim.ianelli at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 22 17:19:33 PDT 2013

Thanks Arni for providing a way forward and as always, some careful
analysis.

I have both options (msys, and normal commandline) on multiple computers
option 1 worked fine following the instructions (and it also worked well
for one of my post-docs who succeeded quickly on his first ever try).  And
that was on windows 8 and windows 7.

As far as normal users, from my point of view the simplicity of Arni's IDE
would detract if it came in too many flavors (and I see getting the IDE out
as a high priority for a number of users up and down the hall here).

Cheers,
Jim

James Ianelli
NMFS/NOAA Building 4