[Developers] ADMB and MinGW-64

Arni Magnusson arnima at hafro.is
Tue Apr 23 09:18:21 PDT 2013

Hi Chris,

I don't have access to a 64-bit Windows machine, so I have very little
experience with this. I visited a friend to build ADMB-IDE 64 at some
point.

However, when I use http://admb-project.org/tools/gcc/gcc463-win3264.zip
and compile

   g++ -m64 hello.cpp

I get an executable that is 64 bits and won't run on my machine (not a
valid Win32 application).

Therefore, you should definitely be able to use the same gcc463-win3264 to
build a 64-bit ADMB for Windows. Perhaps some changes would be required in
the makefiles to do this. Another way is to use Dave's approach and
cross-compile win64 binaries from Linux instead.

ADMB should definitely be available as Win64 binaries. The models run
considerably faster than Win32, but slower than Linux.

Arni