[Developers] contrib libraries

John Sibert sibert at hawaii.edu
Fri Mar 29 12:38:27 PDT 2013

tpl2cpp appears to insert #include <contrib.h> into the cpp file whether
or not you want to use the contrib libraries. In my opinion, it is
antithetical to "free and open-source" mindset to assume a user wants
something. And it has side effects. The contrib include and lib files
live in a separate directory. I seldom use Arni's nice scripts, so
unless I set up my Makefile correctly, compilation crashes on the
aforementioned include directive.

Is it too much to ask of a user to use a GLOBALS_SECTION and
specifically insert #include <contrib.h> when the contrib libraries are
wanted?

For the truly lazy, a macro could be devised to take care of it.
Something like
#undef USE_CONTRIB
#define USE_CONTRIB GLOBALS_SECTION \
   #include <contrib.h>