[ADMB Users] Successful builds (as of 9rc3)

Arni Magnusson arnima at hafro.is
Tue Dec 2 07:34:22 PST 2008

The following table may save ADMB users and developers some time.
Ignoring the featured/deprecated flag, it shows which releases work (for
me) and where the others crash:

---

win32 bcc55 9rc2 simple: You must define the function user_randeff ...
win32 bcc55 9rc3 simple: You must define the function user_randeff ...

win32 gcc34 9rc2 OK
win32 gcc34 9rc3 OK

win32 vc7   9rc3
win32 vc8   9rc2

linux32 gcc34 9rc2 OK
linux32 gcc34 9rc3 OK
linux32 gcc41 9rc3 tpl2cpp: cannot execute binary file

linux64 gcc34 9rc2 OK
linux64 gcc34 9rc3 g++: incompatible libdf1b2stub.a

---

I've been able to compile simple.tpl (plain, not random effects) with
bcc55 (9rc2 and 9rc3, after adding df1b2stub.lib to lnkadmb.bat), but
the model doesn't run. I've not been able to compile a random-effects
model with bcc55. The compiler works fine with other C++ projects.

The linux32 gcc41 release can't even start tpl2cpp, but works fine on a
64 bit platform ... maybe the zip filename should have been *64*.

The linux64 9rc3 release has an incompatible libdf1b2stub.a library, but
works fine on a 32 bit platform ... maybe the zip filename should have
been *32*.

All gcc releases have broken mygcco scripts, where a comment needs to be
removed, or moved outside of the g++ call. I recommend creating a
separate script (e.g. mygccr) for random-effects models, where -ldf1b2o
is used instead of -ldf1b2stub.

Arni