[ADMB Users] Problem with installation

Tony Booth t.booth at ru.ac.za
Tue Dec 9 02:47:24 PST 2008

I seem to having some hassles with installing the newly available ADMB
software.

I followed these steps

1) I deleted my ADMB v7 software
2) I deleted my MINGW version
3) Followed all instructions to a tee.
4) But, when I try to "make" an executable I get the following returned to
me

-----------------
C:\ADMB>make
cd C:\\admb\\examples\\admb\\buscycle && makeadm.bat ham4 && ham4.exe
'cat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Error trying to create output file
ham4.cpp/mingw/lib/libmingw32.a(main.o):main.c:(.text+0xbd): undefined
reference to `WinMain at 16'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ham4] Error 1
--------

I have checked on the version of GCC as follows
------------
C:\ADMB\examples\admb\simple>gcc -v
[detail deleted]
gcc version 3.4.5 (mingw-vista special r3)
-----------

Compiled a simple EXE which works.

But when I try to generate a simple CPP file from the template I get th
following response

-------------
C:\ADMB\examples\admb\simple>tpl2cpp simple
'cat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Error trying to create output file simple.cpp
C:\ADMB\examples\admb\simple>
--------------

I suspect the solution will be quite simple, but I just can't seem to find
the problem. Any ideas on further troubleshooting?

Regards,
Tony

Tony Booth
Department of Ichthyology and Fisheries Science Rhodes University, PO  Box
94, Grahamstown 6140 SOUTH AFRICA

Tel: (+27) (0)46 6038415/6 Fax: (+27) (0)46 6224827
Email: t.booth at ru.ac.za