[ADMB Users] Problem with installation

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 11:01:25 PST 2008

Maybe its a PATH problem.

1. Download and install Rtools28.exe
from
http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/
Installing Rtools28 will not only install MinGW tools but
will also set a key in your registry.

2. Then download batchfiles (be sure to get the correct version
for your machine: XP or Vista) and grab rtools.bat from it. You
don't need any other file in batchfiles.

3. Then issue this command from the Windows console (which
will look up the key that Rtools28 set and temporarily set up
your path (so you don't have to it manually) to find them:

rtools.bat

4. At this point you should be able to access the various
MinGW tools from the command line (in the current session).
Try this to be sure you can:

g++ --version
cat --version

5. Now you can install and run admb.