[ADMB Users] AD Model Builder and R

Joseph Thorley joethorley at poissonconsulting.ca
Mon Dec 15 20:19:55 PST 2008

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the clarification.

Best Wishes

Joe

From: Michael Prager [mailto:Mike.Prager at noaa.gov]
Sent: December 15, 2008 7:27 PM
To: joethorley at poissonconsulting.ca
Cc: 'John Sibert'; users at admb-project.org; 'Kery Marc'; 'Haigh, Rowan'
Subject: Re: [ADMB Users] AD Model Builder and R

Joe,

I am guessing that the issue you experienced is from trying to install
ADMB2R (which as you say is part of X2R) as an R package.  Because it is a
subroutine library for ADMB, it is not structured as an R package. So you
should just unzip the file and see what's there.

The location on CRAN, therefore, is not with R packages.  On the main CRAN
page

http://cran.r-project.org/

is a menu at the left.  Under the "Software" heading, click on "Other".
About halfway down the page is X2R, which includes ADMB2R.  When you are at
the CRAN X2R page, there is an HTML overview file that can be loaded &
installation packages that can be downloaded.

The direct URL is http://cran.r-project.org/contrib/extra/x2r/

Hope that helps.

Mike