[ADMB Users] ADMB-IDE debugger issue

Mike Errigo merrigo at exchange.vt.edu
Fri Aug 28 07:54:13 PDT 2009

Hello all.  I have recently downloaded the new ADMB-IDE and its great.  Thank you very much to Arni Magnusson for developing it and writing the manual.  I have been trying to use the GNU debugger with emacs to debug my admb code.  I build the code with "safe" compile to add the debugging symbols and it compiles just fine.  I then start up gdb, but I get the errors:

error in process filter: gdb-source-info: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
error in process filter: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

Then the debugger doesn't seem to work. I can't input breakpoints, step through the model, or even run it from the debugger.  I am new to the GNU emacs environment and perhaps my mistake is trivial, but can someone help me wit this problem?  Thanks.

Dr. Michael Errigo
Department of Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences
Virginia Tech
101 Cheatham Hall
(207) 217-4269 Cell
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0321