[ADMB Users] separable runs slower in Catch-at-Age model

Thorvaldur Gunnlaugsson thg at hafro.is
Tue Dec 1 01:20:31 PST 2009

Thanks Hans for your response.

I have now identified what has probably been my main problem in running
the RE programs.
When parameters get active they loose the values assigned in the
PRELIMINARY section
and get a zero or mid point of range value, which then drastically
changes the fit obtained.

Another strange thing is that if I try printing the value of the
   objective_function_value g;
in a SEPARABLE_FUNCTION
it has the value zero there and is actually set to zero
but then returns what it is assigned in the function
so it is not like a local variable.
If the function is not separable this does not happen.

Both of this can be seen immediately in:

http://www.hafro.is/~thg/langtn/re/care/caresnr.tpl

 > caresnr |& more

ThG