[ADMB Users] ADMB error messages

Jim Ianelli Jim.Ianelli at noaa.gov
Wed Apr 28 16:17:07 PDT 2010

I looked for this in the source code and found:

fmmtr1.cpp:           if (ad_printf) (*ad_printf)("  ic > imax  in fminim is
answer attained ?\n" );
newfmin.cpp:           if (ad_printf) (*ad_printf)("  ic > imax  in fminim
is answer attained ?\n" );

then I looked at imax and it occurs in many places (but difficult to tell
where it's set for the function minimize and I was too lazy to figure that
out).

I suspect that you may have exceeded the number of function evaluations or
that imax is somehow reset within your model (or application to a library).

I'm sure you have, but maybe check if function evaluations is being set as
intended, e.g.,

  maximum_function_evaluations 50, 100, 10000

Cheers,
Jim