[ADMB Users] ADMB and hierarchical (multi-level) models

Saang-Yoon shyunuw at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 16:33:23 PDT 2010

Hello, Paul.

Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions.  I have not yet
tried to do the MCMC option.  I will try to do so.  However, the MCMC
algorithm in ADMB is Metropolis-Hastings method, and it may not be
promising to a hierarchical structure.  Gibbs method seems better for
a hierarchical structure.

By the way, the hard core of my inquiry was a problem that estimates
of hyper parameters are affected by data and parameters at a "LOWER"
level although they must NOT.

Again thank you,

Saang-Yoon