[ADMB Users] Problems using glmm.admb in R

dave fournier otter at otter-rsch.com
Tue Aug 17 01:20:01 PDT 2010

A lot of the trouble you are having is due to the inflexibility
of the R to ADMB interface. It is possible to run the ADMB independently
and there are options which depending on your computer can make it
run much faster and also circumvent places where the model might crash
on difficult data. If you send me the file nbmm.dat
and nbmm.pin (if it exists, I forget  ) created when you run the thrid
option

      family = "nbinom", zeroInflation = FALSE

for example. You need some option so that it does not erase these files
when it finishes or just start it and interrupt before it gets too far.
You will find them in the working directory.