[ADMB Users] new version of R2admb on R-forge

Motoki Wu tokestermw at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 21:51:33 PDT 2010

Hi Ben, thanks a lot for this.

I am checking the code for the simple.tpl example in the original ADMB installation, and I am getting an error when I do do_admb(). When I follow the error message, it leads to the following portion of the code:

    cred <- coutfile[!substr(coutfile, 1, 85) %in% c("cat: xxalloc4.tmp: No such file or directory",
        "cat: xxalloc5.tmp: No such file or directory", "Error executing command cat xxglobal.tmp   xxhtop.tmp   header.tmp   xxalloc1.tmp   x")]
    if (length(cred) > 0)
        stop("errors detected in compilation: run with verbose=TRUE to view")

For the variable cred, I get a warning:

   ld: warning: option -s is obsolete and being ignored

Getting rid of the -s argument should work, but also, shouldn't the negation (!) be removed to actually detect the error?

Thanks

- Motoki

ps: my session (admb-9.1.556-macos10.6-xcode3.2-intel-32bit.dmg)

x <- rnorm(20, 5, 2)
y <- rnorm(20, 2, 9)
do_admb("simple", data = list(nobs = length(x), Y = y, x = x), params = list(a = 2, b = 1), verbose = T, checkparam = "ignore", checkdata = "ignore", objfunname = "f", clean = F)

> R.Version()[c(1,13)]
$platform
[1] "x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0"

$version.string