[ADMB Users] new version of R2admb on R-forge

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Thu Aug 19 10:27:36 PDT 2010

PS -- I confirm that the following test works cleanly on my system --
see quoted message below for platform, version of ADMB, etc. (I used the
defaults, clean=TRUE, safe=TRUE, and verbose=FALSE for this test ...).
So cleaning stuff up will require some kind of mucking around with
different versions of ADMB (I am happy to update to a newer version, and
require it for R2admb, if someone will tell me how to do so ...) -- in
the worst case scenario, which I would ***really*** rather not deal
with, testing for different platforms/versions and using workarounds ...

  cheers
    Ben

---------------------
# from Motoki Wu
library(R2admb)
setup_admb()

file.copy(file.path(Sys.getenv("ADMB_HOME"),
                    "examples","admb","simple","simple.tpl"),"./simple.tpl")
x <- rnorm(20, 5, 2)
y <- rnorm(20, 2, 9)
(d <- do_admb("simple",
        data = list(nobs = length(x), Y = y, x = x),
        params = list(a = 2, b = 1),
        checkparam = "ignore", checkdata = "ignore"))
summary(d)
unlink(c("simple","simple.tpl"))