[ADMB Users] ABMD & DLLs

Laurie Kell Laurie.Kell at iccat.int
Tue Feb 16 00:25:41 PST 2010

I´m compiling DLLs using both MSVC and MinGW, this is because of the
better debugging facilities of MSVC and the need to use MinGW for
compiling ADMB code in an R package.

However, there is a problem compiling and linking a DLL with MSVC. I´m
using "admb-9.1-windows-vc9-32bit.exe" and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008  i.e.

   Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
   Version 9.0.30729.1 SP
   Microsoft .NET Framework
   Version 3.5 SP1

As adlink.bat goes into an infinite loop at lines 31 to 37 i.e.

    :STARTLOOP
    if [%2]==[] goto ENDLOOP
    if %1==-r set re=1& shift
    REM if %1==-s set s=& set adlib=ads32.lib& set
df1b2lib=df1b2stubs.lib& shift
    if %1==-s set s=& shift
    goto STARTLOOP
  :ENDLOOP

since there is no DLL option for "-d" as there is for MinGW version
which includes a "-d" option i.e

    if %1==-d set linker=dllwrap& shift

Laurie