[ADMB Users] ABMD & DLLs

Arni Magnusson arnima at hafro.is
Tue Feb 16 06:45:30 PST 2010

I haven't been able to create working ADMB DLLs in Linux, but it may be
possible in some ADMB releases. To make your R package run in Linux, you
may have to include the model as an executable like the glmmADMB example,
unless you can get the Linux DLL to work.

I just remembered an additional positive entry in my DLL success table,
with an old Borland-ADMB setup:

   Windows GCC: yes
   Windows BCC52: yes (old ADMB version 5.0.1 from 2000)
   Windows BCC55: no
   Windows MSVC6: yes (old ADMB version 5.0.1 from 2000)
   Windows MSVC8: ?
   Linux GCC: no

The fact that Windows BCC52 could create working DLLs makes me believe
that this capability can be revived for the current Windows BCC55.
Likewise, I'm sure DLLs once worked for Linux GCC and can be fixed. I can
create non-ADMB DLLs with Linux GCC that run fine in R, so the problem is
in ADMB.

Laurie, it sounds like you have the ambition and skills to contribute in
this area. Please share your findings and improvements!

Arni