[ADMB Users] Installation with Borland compiler

Arni Magnusson arnima at hafro.is
Thu Mar 18 02:57:43 PDT 2010

If tpl2cpp is not recognized, then tpl2cpp.exe is not in the PATH.

Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder containing tpl2cpp.exe.

Now open a Dos shell and type

   echo %PATH%

and analyze how and why the folder containing tpl2cpp.exe is not in the
PATH. Many things can go wrong when installing ADMB manually. If users
improve the current instructions, they can contact Johnoel to upload on
the website.

You may also be interested in ADMB-IDE
(http://admb-project.googlecode.com/files/admb-ide-440-1.exe) if you don't
mind using the GCC compiler instead of Borland. GCC is actively maintained
and performs considerably faster than Borland according to my ADMB
benchmarks. The ADMB-IDE installer sets up all the environment variables,
so the user can start working immediately.

Arni