[ADMB Users] problem with admb installation

dave fournier otter at otter-rsch.com
Mon Mar 29 01:59:43 PDT 2010

 You will probably get more help if you are a bit more explicit about
what you have done. Proably first say what OS and version you are using.

> I tried to run the simple example, but it won't open simple.tpl. It
> tells me it cannot open it. And there is no file simple.exe.

I can't tell if you are trying to "run" simple.tpl.  anyway first you
have to build the example. simple.tpl is the source code whihc needs to
be translated into C++ and then compiled. So if you said

  "I typed simple.tpl  but it says it can't open it we would know what
you are doing."

First thing then is to go to the subdirectory examples/simple

and type

           tpl2cpp simple

and tell us what you get.