[ADMB Users] ADMB with ADMB-IDE

Benedikt Gehr benedikt.gehr at ieu.uzh.ch
Wed May 12 00:30:25 PDT 2010

Hi

I'm having problems using ADMB from emacs-ADMB-IDE.
I can open a xxx.tpl file with emacs in ADMB mode. Then when I first
pressed the BUILD button I got the error:

'xxx' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

so I changed the PATH environment variable to "C:\ADMB\MinGW\bin" where
the compilation programs and the scripts are.
After that I could "Build" the model but when I "Run" it I got the error:

'xxx' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

so I added to the PATH environment variable the directory
"C:\ADMB\MinGW\utilities\MinGW\bin" while separating the two directories
by a semi colon ;
The thing then looked like this:
"C:\ADMB\MinGW\bin;C:\ADMB\MinGW\utilities\MinGW\bin"

After that when I press "Build" I get a whole bunch of error messages:

*** adcomp    xxx
g++ -c  -O3 -Wno-deprecated -D__GNUDOS__  -Dlinux -DOPT_LIB
-DUSE_LAPLACE -fpermissive -I. -I/include xxx.cpp
xxx.cpp:1:21: admodel.h: No such file or directory
In file included from xxx.cpp:6:
./xxx.htp:4: error: expected class-name before '{' token
./xxx.htp:5: error: `data_int' does not name a type
./xxx.htp:6: error: `data_int' does not name a type
./xxx.htp:7: error: `data_matrix' does not name a type

*** adlink    xxx
g++ -s  -L/lib xxx.o -ldf1b2stub -ladmod -ladt -lado -ldf1b2stub -ladmod
-ladt -lado -o xxx
g++: xxx.o: No such file or directory

What am I doing wrong? By the way running the models from the
admb-command file works fine.

Thanks you very much for the help

cheers

Benedikt