[ADMB Users] running admb from R using system()

Ian Fiske ianfiske at gmail.com
Mon May 31 02:52:13 PDT 2010

Definitely sounds windowsy.  I would try a couple of things.

(1)  Upgrade R to the latest version.  Maybe you'll be lucky ;)
(2)  Write a windows batch file that basically does nothing but call your
model executable.  Call this batch file with system() in R.  Maybe the extra
layer of indirection can prevent the crash.
(3)  Post to R-Help because this is starting to sound like a real R problem.
 Can anyone else with a windows machine duplicate this?

Best,
Ian