[ADMB Users] glmmADMB errors in R on Mac

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 19:45:46 PDT 2010

  This happens on my system too.
  I have poked around a little bit more to make sure that the binary
actually got copied correctly, has the right permissions, etc. ...
However, running from the command line gives

bolker$ ./nbmm
Illegal instruction

  ??

==================
library(glmmADMB)

## simplified method for copying mac versions  -- identify
##   mac versions with file.choose(), copy to system location
file.copy(file.choose(),system.file("admb",package="glmmADMB"),
    overwrite=TRUE)

## from debugger:

#Browse[2]> system("file nbmm")
#nbmm: Mach-O executable i386
#Browse[2]> system("ls -l nbmm")
#-rwxr-xr-x  1 bolker  staff  4141016  3 Nov 21:54 nbmm
#Browse[2]> system(cmd2)
#Browse[2]> system("./nbmm")
#Browse[2]>
#debug: unlink(file_name)
#Browse[2]>
#debug: if (!file.exists(std_file)) stop("The function maximizer failed")
#Browse[2]>
#debug: stop("The function maximizer failed")
#Browse[2]> std_file
#[1] "nbmm.std"
#Browse[2]> list.files()
#[1] "nbmm.dat" "nbmm.pin"

## file.show() on nbmm.dat and nbmm.pin suggests they
##   look about as expected ...

sessionInfo()
R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)
i386-apple-darwin9.8.0

locale:
[1] en_CA.UTF-8/en_CA.UTF-8/C/C/en_CA.UTF-8/en_CA.UTF-8

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] glmmADMB_0.4-1

[1] tools_2.11.1