[ADMB Users] SE Estimates including process error in ADMB

dave fournier davef at otter-rsch.com
Tue Nov 16 04:21:47 PST 2010

Chris Gast wrote:

I think this is discussed in the paper Hans and I wrote.
anyway since  uhat(x) is the value of uhat which maximizes L(x,u)
It follows that

   L_u(x,uhat(x))=0  for all x so differentiating wrt x you get

   L_xu + L_uu uhat'(x)=0   so that

   uhat'(x) = - L_uu^{-1} * L_xu

  If there are n x's and m u's then uhat'(x) is an n x m matrix.