[ADMB Users] -rs rescaling

Mollie Brooks mbrooks at ufl.edu
Tue Oct 26 11:47:13 PDT 2010

Hello,
I output my parameter values every time the PROCEDURE_SECTION runs.
None of them changed until the 18th iteration and then moved extremely
slowly. I am interested in speeding this up. I'm guessing that one
option is to rescale my predictors to their means and standard
deviations.  Have others had luck with this?

I searched the documentation for rescale and found this command line
option on p 12-1 of admb.pdf

-rs if function minmimizer can’t make progress rescale and try again

Is this relevant? From the brief description, I couldn't tell what it
would rescale.
If it is relevant, is there an equivalent line I can put in the
TOP_OF_MAIN_SECTION
thanks,
Mollie