[ADMB Users] ADMB in 10 mins

Mark Payne mpa at aqua.dtu.dk
Wed Sep 15 04:35:53 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have recently moved to a new group that have never heard of ADMB and I
would like to open their eyes to the potential power of the tool, as I
believe that it is something they could really gain from - everyone here
seems to be stuck in finite difference land. I have had a look through
the website, and particularly the "outreach" section but there doesn't
seem to be much that is ready for a competent user to pick up and start
presenting.

I was thinking of something along the lines of a "self-explanatory"
presentation, maybe 10 slides in length, to help an enthusiastic user
convey the ideas behind ADMB and why it is so powerful. The important
thing would be to convey the power and why it works. Part of it would
also include a couple of *easy to understand* examples with code and
executables provided for the user to run on their machine to show just
how quick it is to both formulate the problem, compile it and run it.

Is there such a set available that I've maybe overlooked? If not, I'd be
interested in helping with developing one if there were others who were
also interested.

Cheers,

Mark