[ADMB Users] negative binomial data

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 06:13:56 PST 2011

On 11-12-15 06:50 AM, Emma Lowe wrote:
> Dear Mollie and Dave
>
> Thanks very much for your help.
>
> I've now installed the latest version of R (2.14.0) but when I try and install it like this;
>
> install.packages("glmmADMB", repos="http://r-forge.r-project.org",type="source")
  >
> I get this error
>
>          Warning: unable to access index for repository http://r-forge.r-project.org/src/contrib
>           Warning message:
>           In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
>           package ‘glmmADMB’ is not available (for R version 2.14.0)

  Hmmm.

   Are you able to install other packages from the web?

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/unable-to-access-index-for-repository-td3325514.html

  suggests that you may have a firewall problem?

  Does

install.packages("glmmADMB", repos="http://r-forge.r-project.org")

work?

  I've just added some more information to the glmmADMB web page:

If this fails, the most likely explanation is an internet connection
problem. Go to the R-forge packages page for the glmmADMB project
<https://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=847> and download the source
package (search for the link labeled "Package source (.tar.gz)") to your
computer. (If this link is not found, contact the package maintainers.)
Put this file (which will be called glmmADMB_xxxx.tar.gz, where xxxx is
the version number) in your R working directory and try

install.packages("glmmADMB_xxxx.tar.gz",repos=NULL, type="source")