[ADMB Users] ADMB for 64-bit GCC in Windows

Arni Magnusson arnima at hafro.is
Wed Feb 9 17:47:18 PST 2011

Still an open challenge, see below.

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Hi Charlotte,

This is an obvious gap that needs to be filled. I don't have access to
64-bit Windows, so I haven't really tried.

Back in July 2009, Dave Fournier got a test version running, but that was
not pursued further
(http://groups.google.com/group/admb-developers/browse_thread/thread/a3bfcc720fce8a78/0c20e98ca38b8a07).

The classic answer is that if you're running into performance walls in
ADMB, you may want to run your model in 64-bit Linux. I guarantee
considerable computational speed gain, and your memory issue may be
solved.

A more ambitious answer is that this could be your chance to make a
contribution to the ADMB Project. Become the crazy scientist, give
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win64/Automated%20Builds/mingw-w64-1.0-bin_i686-mingw_20101129.zip
(239 MB) and http://admb-project.googlecode.com/files/admb-10.0.zip (6 MB)
a jolt, and see if Frankenstein opens his eyes. Johnoel would then box and
ship.

Arni