[ADMB Users] ADMB for 64-bit GCC in Windows

Arni Magnusson arnima at hafro.is
Thu Feb 10 09:52:46 PST 2011

Frankenstein indeed...

"It was already one in the morning; the rain pattered dismally against the
panes, and my candle was nearly burnt out, when, by the glimmer of the
half-extinguished light, I saw the dull yellow eye of the creature open;
it breathed hard, and a convulsive motion agitated its limbs."

---

I have just uploaded ADMB for 64-bit GCC in Windows to
http://code.google.com/p/admb-project/downloads/list, and the accompanying
64-bit GCC compiler for Windows to
http://admb-project.org/community/related-software/gcc.

Based on the 'catage' benchmark
(http://admb-project.org/community/benchmarks/compilers), there is
considerable computational speed gain between 32-bit and 64-bit GCC in
Windows. The relative speed on the same machine is roughly:

   1.0  32-bit ADMB in 64-bit Windows 7
   1.3  64-bit ADMB in 64-bit Windows 7
   1.4  32-bit ADMB in 32-bit Linux
   1.6  64-bit ADMB in 64-bit Linux

If this benchmark is representative for ADMB in general, today's release
should mean around 30% speed gain for 64-bit Windows users.

Arni