[ADMB Users] short file name has problem on latest admb

Weihai Liu weihailiu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 12:46:53 PDT 2011

Hi Weihai,

You have discovered an important bug in ADMB (not Emacs or ADMB-IDE) that
was created sometime after the 10.1 release.

I also get an error if I rename the 'simple' example to 'sim' or shorter.
The error is reported in the Dos shell:

 C:\simple>admb sim
 C:\simple>sim

 Error: Invalid index 0 used for array range [1, 3]
 in "unsigned char & adstring::operator()(int i)".
 Index out of bounds

What happens in Msys is mysterious and not relevant for the general ADMB
user.

Can I ask you to report this bug through users at admb-project.org and/or the
Redmine system? I'm leaving the office and going to the countryside for some
days. There's no need to Emacs or Msys in the bug report, just the Dos
shell.

All the best,

Arni

P.S. Well, if you want to be extra helpful you could check out slightly
earlier versions from SVN and find out which SVN commit introduced the bug
(hopefully not before SVN version 1). Or maybe it would take Johnoel less
time to locate the bug...

Hi Arni,