[ADMB Users] mceval output inconsistent with mcmc display

dave fournier davef at otter-rsch.com
Thu Jun 9 21:42:47 PDT 2011

On 11-06-09 09:23 PM, Campbell, Alex wrote:

Still not enough information to understand completely.
However do you have real priors on all the parameters.
I recall fitting a model where the posterior was improper.

That means the integral over all the parameters was infinity.
This manifested itself in the parameters from the mcmc looking OK for a
while and
then just wandering off to what would like like junk values. the problem
is that if you
have a set of "reasonable" values with proabability eps and a huge set
of stupid values
with probability 1-eps  if you run the mcmc long enough it will spend
most of its time
lost in the stupid values.