[ADMB Users] SEPARABLE_FUNCTION

Yuying Zhang yzhang2 at umassd.edu
Thu Mar 10 12:07:03 PST 2011

Hello Dr Fournier,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Maybe MCMC is an easier way
for me.

I have another question for you.

As I mentioned in my previous message, I need the sample sizes because I
want to conduct T tests:
(mean1-mean2)/sqrt(se1*se1/N1+se2*se2/N2)

A friend suggested me to ignore the adjustments of sample sizes.
According to him, "the standard errors in the std file automatically
handle having more or less data (also poor or better data).  They are
literally the standard errors for the estimates in the std file, like
the standard error of the mean = sigma/sqrt(N).  I think the effects of
are already in the standard error before it is written to the std file."

I want to confirm with you if his understanding is right?

Yuying