[ADMB Users] SEPARABLE_FUNCTION

H. Skaug hskaug at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 03:08:22 PST 2011

Hi,

Yes, it seems that your model is separable, but of type "4.1 The first example"
in ADMBRE manual. Hence, you do not need the sparse matrix stuff.
In your code you need to loop over the elements of "u" like in "4.1
The first example"
Your PROCEDURE_SECTION should basically consist of:

 for(int id=1;id<=xxxxx;id++)
   SEPARABLE_FUNCTION(u(id), + the rest of your arguments)

Inside the SEPARABLE_FUNCTION you need to do all the calculations
that involve u(id).

If you do this you will be able to handle large models. Make sure
that you get the same result on small examples with and with SEPARABLE_FUNCTION.

Hans