[ADMB Users] SE Estimates including process error in ADMB

Chris Gast cmgast at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 07:50:22 PDT 2011

Thanks for your reply, Hans. I see that it does appear to work in the simple
example you attached, but I still cannot find an explanation for why my
example is not working.  I have tried to "break" your example in the same
manner in which mine is "broken", but it seems to hold up.

I'll send you the relevant files for my example--I would put them on the
list, but they will not satisfy the 40kb size limit on attachments.
 Basically, I use ADMB to estimate var(exp(u)), and I try to approximate it
myself with the delta method, using exp(2*u)*var(u) (which is what I am led
to believe ADMB is using internally), and I do not get the same result. My
initial post (the p1 function, in which I am actually interested) was more
complicated, but suffers from the same problem.

I hope you can take a look at it, and discover my mistake.

Thanks,

Chris Gast

Chris Gast
cmgast at gmail.com