[ADMB Users] Error in a negative binomial, zero-inflated glmmADMB with random effect

Holly G hollygoy at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 30 17:35:46 PDT 2011

Hi, Hans,
thanks for the pointer, unfortunately, when I use a variable that has already been converted to an integer, I get the same error in all cases: "Incompatible array bounds". This occurs whether zeroInflation is TRUE or FALSE. Using the simplest model, with only one fixed variable, both glm.nb{MASS} and zeroinfl{pscl} converge, whereas glmm.ADMB does not. Therefore, I am inclined to ask if, in glmmADMB:
1. is there a way to designate an initial value of theta (to produce a geometric rather than a negative binomial distribution)?
2. are there constraints in picking a grouping factor?
Thank you for the advice,
Holly

glmmadmbZINBtotalCRATdensInt1fixGrpSrvy <- glmm.admb(
fixed=TotalCRATdensInt~
Dist,
group="fSurveyID",
data= Data110217noFlNaRVfallsub,
zeroInflation=FALSE,
family="nbinom")

# Incompatible array bounds in dvar_vector  operator * (_CONST dvar_matrix& m,_CONST dvar_vector& x)

library(MASS)

glmnb1totalCRATdensInt1fix <- glm.nb(
TotalCRATdensInt~
Dist,
data= Data110217noFlNaRVfallsub,
init.theta=1,
link = log,
control=glm.control(maxit = 25, trace = TRUE))

library(pscl)

psclZINB1totalCRATdensInt1fix <- zeroinfl(
formula= (TotalCRATdensInt~Dist),
dist="geometric",
link="logit",