[ADMB Users] Fwd: bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

Arni Magnusson arnima at hafro.is
Tue May 10 09:19:26 PDT 2011

Well spotted, Dave.

It looks like the environment variable ADMB_HOME is not defined on Luis's
machine. This environment variable should point to the main ADMB directory
- the one containing the subdirectory called 'include'.

The error message "tpl2cpp: command not found" suggests that the ADMB
'bin' directory is not included in the PATH environment variable.

Luis, whatever procedure you followed to install ADMB (some readme or a
script, I presume) needs to be improved, so that ADMB_HOME and PATH are
correctly set. Did you follow a readme or use a script?

I guess I could modify the main 'admb' command so that it checks that
ADMB_HOME and PATH are correctly defined, to help the user fix those
problems before proceeding.

Thanks for your persistence, Luis, you're almost there!

Arni