[ADMB Users] lgam in 10.0

Ian Taylor Ian.Taylor at noaa.gov
Sat May 14 14:55:12 PDT 2011

Hi Mollie,

Thanks to your modifying the path, your computer now has two places where it
can search for ADMB binaries:

/usr/local/, and the folder on your desktop. Unfortunately, when you call
admb, it appears to go to /usr/local/ first and never sees the new version.
You can tell this because the command

                g++  -O3 -L/usr/local/admb/lib firdbhfec.o .

includes the location /usr/local/ and does not include your new location.

What I would do is delete the entire /usr/local/admb/ directory, in which
case you won't have this problem.

An alternative is to go to /Users/molliebrooks/Desktop/admb-10.1//build/bin/
and rename 3 files

            admb to admbNew

            adcomp to adcompNew

            adlink to adlinkNew

(or whatever naming scheme you prefer). Then edit the file admbNew and look
for every instance of "adcomp" or "adlink" and change them to "adcompNew"
and "adlinkNew". Now you should have two independent methods of compiling
ADMB by calling either admb or admbNew.

-Ian