[ADMB Users] all point estimates are reasonable although the objective function fails to be calculated

John Sibert sibert at hawaii.edu
Wed May 18 20:55:15 PDT 2011

You should be deeply suspicious.

Even though the point estimates look "reasonable" (agree with your
preconceptions), you will never be able to do any rigorous statistical
testing such as likelihood ratio tests against alternative hypotheses.
Or even a simple AIC comparison.

Are you sure the std and cor files came from the same fit as the nan?
Delete them and run the model again.

Where did the nan come from? Check for divide by zero.

John