[ADMB Users] help with glmmADMB ZI; function maximizer failed

Mollie Brooks mbrooks at ufl.edu
Thu Nov 10 13:21:49 PST 2011

Hi Emma,
There are a few possibilities that come to mind...

Your formula is a bit complicated, maybe too complicated for your data. I recommend thinking carefully about what your really want to include.  Do you have 10-20 data points per parameter?

Also, it is important to recognize that species*btrees*built includes all of the following terms: species+btrees+built+species:btrees+species:built+btrees:built+species:btrees:built (where ":" indicates an interaction). So your formula is redundant.

Season can only be included as a fixed effect because it has 2 levels (minimum 5 or 6 needed for estimating std of a random effect). Class is on the borderline.

You may want to check http://glmm.wikidot.com/faq for a general reference.

cheers,
Mollie

Mollie Brooks