[ADMB Users] a difference in estimates between versions?

Saang-Yoon shyunuw at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 15:51:40 PDT 2011

Hello, all.

I would like to report differences in estimates between the latest
version (admb-ide-452-1 (64bit)) and the previous version (admb-
ide-450-1).   Today I found differences in estimates between versions
from my class where I used the latest version and the other folks all
used the previous version.  Applying the same TPL and DAT files, my
results (e.g., STD file) are slightly but obviously different from the
others whose values are the same among them.   In the two versions,
estimation were all successful including Hessian matrix elements.

I wonder about why.  More importantly I wonder which version is
reliable.

If you are skeptical of our finding, then please apply a DAT file and
a TPL file that has a "non" linear model to the different versions, or
request me to send you the DAT and TPL files.

Thank you,

Saang-Yoon