[ADMB Users] a difference in estimates between versions?

Ian Taylor Ian.Taylor at NOAA.gov
Tue Oct 4 16:09:52 PDT 2011

Hi Saang-Yoon,
It sounds from your email like you're changing versions AND changing
from 32bit to 64bit. I've found that 32 and 64 provide very slightly
different results, which I presume is due to small differences in the
precision of the derivative calculations and thus a different path
through the likelihood surface and a slightly different point when the
convergence criterion gets met.

You might try comparing 32 to 32 between versions or 32 to 64 within one
version to check whether this is a factor in the change you've observed.
-Ian