[ADMB Users] Comparing non-nested models?

Niklaus Kuehnis kuehnik_0505 at gmx-topmail.de
Thu Oct 27 08:27:51 PDT 2011

Laura,

Am 27.10.2011 17:01, schrieb Lee, Laura:
> The vuong function is for comparing non-nested models. For example,
> comparing a zero-inflated model with the non-zero-inflated
> counterpart (e.g., zero-inflated negative binomial with negative
> binomial).

Seems like vuong() doesn't work with objects of class glmmadmb, even if
I compare negative binomial models only differing in zero inflation.

> If you are running "zeroinfl" from the pscl package, I remember
> reading somewhere that there was a problem with the standard
> errors--I can't remember specifically, but you might try Google to
> find out more.

No, I'm running glmmadmb() with zeroInflation=TRUE

> As far as comparing the zero-inflated Poisson and zero-inflated
> negative binomial, I'm not aware of an R function that does this.
> I've attached two papers that describe procedures for carrying out
> such a test. I hope this helps.

Ok, I need to change my strategy then. Probably I should look for a way
to test for overdispersion in my data.

Thanks!

Niklaus